DCI launch probe into death of 15-year-old girl in their Kilimani house
By Mireri Junior | May 22nd 2021
DCI officers have launched a probe into the death of a 15-year-old girl who was allegedly assaulted by her parents and brother for running away from their Kilimani home.
According to police reports, the trio is reported to have fatally assaulted the teenager after they accused her of running away from home.
Detectives visited the suspects' house in Nairobi's Kilimani area and arrested them following the Thursday night incident.
“The three suspects have been placed in custody at Kilimani Police Station,” said DCI on Saturday, May 22.
During the arrest, the Kilimani-based detectives also recovered one PPR pipe believed to have been used to beat up the deceased and is being held as an exhibit.
“Officers who visited the scene recovered one PPR pipe believed to have been used to beat up the deceased.”
Norine Mwende, a clinical officer at the Coptic hospital told detectives that the girl’s body had bruises all over.
The body is awaiting postmortem at the Coptic hospital morgue.
Chepkoech, Kiyeng through to steeplechase final as Korir disqualified in 400m men heats
- Why Harold didn’t make it to the Olympics
By Peter Theuri
- It’s a day of ups and downs for Kenya at Olympic Stadium
- No Kenyans in 800m finals as Moraa misses mark in semi-finals
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession