[IN PICTURES] Ahmed ‘Johnny’ Ibrahim buried
By Patrick Vidija | April 9th 2021
Former Kamukunji parliamentary seat aspirant Ahmed Ibrahim was on Friday afternoon, April 9 buried at the Lang’ata Muslim Cemetery.
Ahmed, popularly known as Johnny, was pronounced dead on Friday morning.
Jamia Mosque official Abdul Bari said Johnny died at Coptic Hospital, where he had been rushed for treatment.
According to the Jamia Mosque Secretary-General, Ibrahim, the worship centre’s Deputy Secretary-General, was battling kidney disease.
“He had been on dialysis for a while. We suspect he succumbed to kidney problems,” Bari said.
His body was taken to Masjid Salama Mosque in South C for burial preparations before friends and family members gathered at the Lang’ata cemetery for burial.
Ibrahim unsuccessfully ran for the Kamukunji Parliamentary seat on ODM ticket in the 2007 general election where he lost the contest to then-PNU candidate Simon Mbugua.
Three meetings held in Mount Kenya to lay strategy for the presidency
- Share dossier on six judges with the public, Raila tells Uhuru
- Pain as families seek help to trace kin's bodies in the Gulf
- Form 2 student among suspects arrested over Southern Bypass robberies
- Bring it on, Ruto challenges Raila and Kalonzo
By Allan Mungai
- Sauti Sol’s Bien and wife deny open relationship talk