Scores feared trapped after building collapses in Tasia Estate, Embakasi
By Sigomba Ramadhan Omar | December 6th 2019
Several people are feared trapped in rubble after a six storey-building collapsed in Tassia Tasia in Embakasi East constituency, Nairobi.
Nairobi police boss Philip Ndolo has said that rescue operations are underway
Tasia residents have joined in to help in efforts to rescue those trapped.
Medical and emergency teams, however, had difficulties to reach the site due to poor state of the roads following heavy rains in recent weeks.
Police are yet to issue an official statement following the Friday morning incident.
The cause of the sinking is yet to be established but, some residents have linked it to heavy rains coupled with poor drainage.
“The area has been bad since the rains started and it has very poor drainage,” said resident Ken Odero.
More details to follow…
Ex-Raila aide lays ground for Ruto's Nyanza visit
- Man attends ‘his’ burial ceremony on leaving jail
By Anne Atieno
- Duale mocks Raila, Kalonzo union, says why it will flop
- Postmortem: Missing Mombasa woman died painfully
By Brian Okoth
- Woman ‘happy’ after angry mob lynches her bloodthirsty son
- UoN sheds jobs, courses in step to cut costs as admissions dip