One dead, several trapped as Super Metro bus plunges into a ditch along Waiyaki Way
By Mercy Asamba | December 4th 2018
A passager died on Tuesday in a bus accident along Nairobi’s Waiyaki Way in the morning.
By 11am, several other passengers were still trapped inside the Super Metro bus that plunged into a ditch. Police were at the scene and rescue operation ongoing.
The driver of the bus is said to have lost control of the vehicle following the heavy rains that pounded the city.
Police have urged motorists to be cautious as weatherman predicts heavy rainfall in Nairobi in December.
In a statement to newsrooms on Tuesday, Meteorological Department indicated near-average to above-average rainfall in most parts of the country.
“The rains are expected to cease during the third and fourth week of December; Narok County, however, is likely to experience rainfall up to the end of December and into early January 2019,” said the Met Department.
Ruto backs bid to scrap degree rule for MCAs and MPs
- Museveni locks down Uganda for 42 days, revises curfew
By Betty Njeru
- Unions issue 14-day strike notice over SRC freeze in pay hikes
By Brian Otieno
- Tuju to walk 52 kilometres from Karen to Kijabe Hospital
- President Uhuru Kenyatta on two-day state visit to Turkey
- Nyanza: Rush to beat 7pm curfew, businesses closed