Words are my biggest investment
By Kelvin Kamau | November 15th 2020
Executive CV of Becky Cherop Ongwacho, CEO and founder of Speak Life
Education: St George’s Grassland Academy, Elite Senior School, Kabarak University and Kenya School of Law.
Experience: I am a Lawyer and a Certified Professional Mediator. My love for mentorship is indisputable. Through the Speak Life platform, I mentor and counsel with focus on spiritual and personal development of individuals.
First job/salary: When I was a second year in university, I used to do motivational speaking for Sh6,000. Since then, I have learnt the value of my words and time.
Worst /best job: I have enjoyed the opportunities presented to me because they have all revolved around my passion: law and people skills. Thus, I cannot say I have had a worst job. My best job is mediation. I enjoy helping disputants meet on common ground.
First /current neighbourhood: I first stayed in Ongata Rongai, currently I reside in Madaraka.
Worst mistake: Lack of self care, resulting to burn outs from my busy schedule.
Missed opportunity: I missed a project initiated by a club called Enactus Kenya while in campus which I had worked so hard for. My name was removed from the list unfairly. They took away the opportunity but not my potential.
One thing you can’t give away: My darling parents who have always seen the best in me.
Unforgettable person: Rev Justus Mutuku, the Chaplain of Kabarak University. He jolted my spirit. His sermons and mentorship moulded my character.
Best advice ever: Use your words to inspire. In life, always do right, love mercy and walk humbly.
Kenya 7s captain Amonde set to hang up his boots after early exit at Tokyo 2020
- Olympics: New Zealand beat Kenya in women’s rugby sevens
- Olympics: Kenyans can relax as there was no typhoon
- It will be do or die for Kenyan trio in 3000m steeplechase tomorrow
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession