Speedy Landed is favourite for McMillan Cup
By The Sqirrel
Landed leads a three-way scrap with Skeleton Coast and Youki San, for the Lady McMillan Challenge Cup. Landed, which receives 7.5 kilo’s from Skeleton Coast, thrives in the going, and, 2,060m is a personal best. Roxanne can never be discounted, especially with the in-form Jacob Lokorian ‘laurelling’ from a treble October 16.
There are many tongues wagging about Pepo Lane’s virtues in the Bungoma Maiden. Pepo Lane (David Ngure), will be odds-on, but it is no certainty when Charleys Angel, Ela Marita, and, Kara Kum, have already strutted along in better company.
Prophecy (Michael Kariuki), might decide to excavate her true worth in the Bomet Handicap, 1,200m. Having Risky Business as a mother, means Prophecy needs to live up to her breeding. Arvada, Rankin, and, Summerville, are there to provide a real test. Ngobi ran well in the Kenya Derby, so, reducing him to a sprint, is an interesting decision from Francis Erskine.
The Butere Condition harbours Kenya’s highest priced Yearling, ever. Usurper (Robert Kibet), was sold on the 2010 Sales for Sh1.9 million. He has had plenty time to develop into an amazon. We all hope for an inaugural fairy tale, but, King’s Point and Clynton, are no slouches for a beginner’s aspirations.
Kibiwott and Kigen vow to guard Kenya’s steeplechase dominance
- Olympic silver medallist Barshim says Kenya has talent in high jump
- Nigerian sprinter Okagbare out of Tokyo Games after failing drugs test
- Olympics: All three Kenyans in men’s 800m are through to the semi-finals
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession