Man arrested stark naked, appears in court in policewoman’s clothes
By Yvonne Chepkwony | April 16th 2021
A 40-year-old man accused of attempted rape has been arraigned in a Baringo court dressed in the clothing he allegedly stole from a policewoman based at Kabartonjo Police Lines.
Vincent Kibet was charged at Kabarnet Law Courts with rape and burglary - both against officer Mercy Chebunyei.
The court heard that the ex-convict was arrested on the night of April 14 while attempting to break into the home of Chebunyei stark naked.
According to the prosecution, Kibet stole the clothes he wore in court; a blouse, leggings and a skirt, all worth Sh1,000.
Kibet denied the charges before Resident Magistrate Vienna Amboko.
He was freed on a Sh20,000 bond with a surety of a similar amount, and an alternative cash bail of Sh10,000.
The case will be mentioned on May 11.
Take a quick survey and help us improve our website!Take a survey
Nullification of BBI wasn't shocking, it was the language used by judges
- Backlash as elders settle on new entrant, Rusana, to succeed Obado
- High Court judges ignored key issues in ruling on BBI
By Edris Omondi
- ‘Israel supports Kenya’s de-escalation stance but must protect its citizens’
- Phone app that helps patients manage blood pressure levels
HEALTH & SCIENCE
- Judiciary’s finest hour or elites’ reckoning moment?