KBC journalist shot and killed shortly after arriving home from work
By Brian Okoth | April 8th 2021
KBC staffer Betty Barasa was on Wednesday night shot dead by suspected robbers at her home in Oloolua, Ngong area in Kajiado County.
Barasa, who worked as a video editor at the national broadcaster, was fatally shot upon arriving home from work at 8pm, area DCIO Joseph Chesimet told Standard Digital.
The journalist was accosted by suspected robbers when she was driving into her compound.
The suspects, thereafter, asked her to take them into the house, where they stole her laptop, mobile phone and other unidentified personal possessions.
The suspected robbers, three in number, thereafter shot and killed Barasa before escaping.
The deceased’s husband and three children had been confined to another room as one of the suspects fired two bullets into Barasa’s head.
Police have launched a probe into the incident, as they piece Barasa’s last moments.
Her colleagues at KBC have mourned her as a hardworking, kind, and dedicated employee.
Take a quick survey and help us improve our website!Take a survey
Samuel Wanjiru: Two women’s account on the death of a man they loved
- Police arrest five terror suspects in Kisumu
By Lucas Barasa
- KDF officers arrested for assaulting cops enforcing curfew rules
- IG orders probe into sexual harassment claim after female cop's viral clip
- Family and friends lay flowers at spot where Allan Ngugi died
- Kabogo: Mt Kenya will field a candidate for the top seat