Muhuri activists charged with disturbing peace in Mombasa
By Kelvin Karani | February 19th 2021
Two activists have been charged with crating disturbance in a manner likely to breach peace in Mombasa.
The two Muslims for Human Rights activists Khelifa Khalifa and Francis Auma appeared before Mombasa Magistrate Rita Amwayi and denied the charges.
The two are said to have caused commotion at the Likoni Ferry Channel on Thursday morning.
They were released on a cash bail of Sh20,000 each. Their case will be mentioned on May 4, 2021.
After their release, there was commotion between the two activists and the arresting police officer who rearrested them to face traffic related charges.
The two activists accused the police of failing to inform them about the traffic charges early enough.
Fresh scheme to kick out Chebukati ahead of 2022
- Rejected at birth: Curse of being born out of incest
- Our baby is fine, says couple stuck in Thika Road night traffic
By Too Jared
- County invests Sh25 billion in health projects
- Cuba’s Raul Castro leaves political stage after decades
- Burial of State officer delayed
By James Omoro