Shaping your future
Today we are better educated, better paid and enjoy broader career opportunities than at any time in history.
It paves the way for women to embrace the option of building their wealth and lay firm foundations for financial independence.
Quick money medical
1. How do you feel about your financial future? Points
Very optimistic 10
2. You manage to save money
Every payday 10
When you can 5
3. When it comes to repayments on your credit card, you
Pay the balance in full each month 10
Pay more than the minimum 5
Make only the minimum repayments or less 0
4. Your retirement savings are
On track 10
Something of a mystery but you tuck some money away 5
What retirement savings? 0
5. On the topic of investing (say in the share market)
You know exactly what to do 10
You have some idea of what to do 5
You have no idea where to start - or what to do 0
Let’s get started by measuring your financial wellbeing. Take this five-point quiz to test your money mojo.
50 to 35 points: Congratulations, you are on your way to being a money wise woman! Stay on track with your sensible approach to money management and enjoy the rewards of a financially secure future.
35 to 15 points: Okay, you have mastered the basics, but with a little extra fine-tuning, you could put your finances in tip-top shape.
15 points or less: Warning! Your ‘leave-it-to-chance’ approach is a wealth hazard.
Chart a course
Achieving your financial goals is not as hard as you may think. All it takes is some planning and a healthy dose of commitment. Start out by drawing up a plan of what you want to achieve. Treat it like a road map that shows where you are heading as well as providing a benchmark for your achievements.
Start by dividing your goals into short, medium and long-term.
Short-term goals may include:
• Making extra repayments on your credit card
• Starting a savings plan
Medium-term goals may include:
• Paying off personal loans
• Buying a house or apartment
• Building a portfolio of investments
Long-term goals can include:
• Growing superannuation savings
• Paying off the mortgage
Adapted from www.citibank.com
Remember His sacrificeTo Christians, Easter is an important season. It represents the sum total of their belief in the Lord Jesus Christ. It is the reason they are called Christians.
Restoring Nairobi’s iconic librariesBook Bunk is turning public libraries into what they call ‘Palaces for The People' while introducing technology in every aspect.
Dilemma: My female supervisor is sexually harrassing me, help
- Orie Rogo Manduli's burial postponed after eldest daughter falls ill
- New Kianjokoma police officers welcomed in church service
- Outdated ‘Nyumba Mboke’ culture puts women at risk of HIV
By Anne Atieno
- Ruto out to fool you with ill-gotten wealth, Kalonzo says
- Tongue piercings can fill brain with pus, cause Herpes
HEALTH & SCIENCE
By Kagai Reuben