Pope Francis appears in public for first time since surgery
By Reuters | July 11th 2021
Pope Francis appeared in public on Sunday for the first time since undergoing intestinal surgery a week ago, stepping out on a balcony at Rome's Gemelli hospital to lead his weekly prayer before hundreds of people.
The Pope is continuing a normal recovery from intestinal surgery, gradually resuming work, walking and eating with aides.
The 84-year-old Pope was in hospital after undergoing a three-hour operation to remove part of his colon, which the Vatican said had narrowed severely.
It is the first time Pope Francis has been hospitalised since he became pope in 2013.
Italian Jacobs wins men's 100m gold at Tokyo Olympics
- Olympics: Rotich and Korir reach 800m final as Saruni misses out
- Ferdinand Omanyala breaks national record, but fails to make finals
- Chepkoech, Kiyeng through to steeplechase final as Korir disqualified in 400m men heats
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession