Turkish army says 48 Islamic State militants killed in Syria on Sunday
By Reuters | January 9th 2017
Ankara: Turkish-led air and ground operations in Syria killed 48 Islamic State militants on Sunday while Turkish warplanes destroyed 23 buildings and shelters used by the jihadists, Turkey's armed forces said in a statement on Monday.
Turkey launched the 'Euphrates Shield' operation in support of Syrian rebels more than four months ago to drive Islamic State from the border and in recent weeks they have been besieging the Islamic State-controlled town of al-Bab.
It will be do or die for Kenyan trio in 3000m steeplechase tomorrow
- Olympics: US beat Kenya in women's beach volleyball
- Malkia Strikers send warning to top volleyball nations
- Former Mo Farah coach permanently banned due to sexual, emotional misconduct
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession