Journalists injured as Maseno students protest interdiction of principal
By John Oywa
| March 15th 2017
Journalists were Wednesday morning injured in a riot by Maseno School students and teachers who were protesting interdiction of their principal Paul Otula.
KTN cameraman Nicholas Mburu was injured during the attack and his camera damaged. A vehicle belonging to K24 was also damaged.
The students were protesting the interdiction of their principal over alleged bullying and sodomy in the school.
The students who were accompanied by the teachers accused the media of continually highlighting the sodomy allegations, leading to the interdiction.
They attacked the media after a teacher addressed them outside the school gates before police arrived.
Mike Sonko thanks God yet for another big miracleNairobi senator Mike sonko could not hide his joy after receiving the good news of a girl he was helping to undergo surgery is now healed
Opening Ceremony: Kenya takes her pride of place as 2020 Tokyo Paralympic Games beginTeam Kenya Paralympics strolled majestically into the Tokyo Olympic Stadium led by captain Rodgers Kiprop and Powerlifter Hellen Wawira for the Openin
Disappointment as Ruto fails to attend funds drive
- Two schools closed as police arrest a teacher over arson attack
- Rang’ala Boys closed indefinitely after students become unruly, demand for holidays
- Ranguma drops governorship bid, endorses Obura for seat
- Mwingi deaths could have been avoided
- Unity test for Mudavadi party as big three eye Kakamega top seat