Education CS Fred Matiang'i to release audit report on universities today
By Augustine Oduor | February 16th 2017
Education Cabinet Secretary Fred Matiang'i is this morning set to receive an audit report on the status of compliance with quality standards by universities.
Chancellors, vice chancellors and council chairpersons of both public and private institutions as well as principals of university colleges have been invited to the launch.
The audit, conducted by the Commission for University Education (CUE), assessed compliance with the minimum admission requirements into various university programmes.
The integrity of university examinations, delays in releasing transcripts and the question of missing marks were also audited.
CUE Chief Executive Officer David Some yesterday declined to discuss the contents of the report.
"We shall have a media briefing at 11am tomorrow (today)," he said.
However, sources familiar with the report hinted some institutions that had grossly overlooked quality and standards controls would be closed.
Jubilee’s Joseph Githinji wins Muguga ward by-election
- Fugitive cop Caroline Kangogo found dead at her parents’ home
- We believe in God and the hustler nation, says UDA's Njuguna Wanjiku
By Too Jared
- The tight contest that was Kiambaa
By Brian Okoth
- President Uhuru condemns killing of environmentalist Joanna Stuchburry
- Kiambaa contest between Jubilee and UDA tight as results stream in
By Brian Okoth