Mediocrity creeping into varsities, warns Prof Bethwel Ogot
By Dalton Nyabundi
| February 5th 2017
Universities must focus on training high cadre employees and researchers to participate in the rapidly changing global economy, a venerated scholar has said. Prof Bethwel Ogot noted that mediocrity was creeping into universities and affecting the quality of higher education.
The former Moi University chancellor said quality education can only be achieved by encouraging critical thinking and creativity among students who must be prepared for the diverse challenges that await them in future.
He was speaking at his home in Gem when Maasai Mara University conferred him with an honorary degree.
Church that circumcises newborn boys and plays by its own rulesThree boys draped in snow white robs with matching caps, stand before a solemn congregation. Their heads are bowed and hands clasped. The boys have undergone a rite of passage — circumcision.
Why Kenyan boxers are winning medals once againThe BFK led by President Anthony ‘Jamal’ Ombok was elected into the office in 2019 and has since...
‘The brother I know couldn’t have killed his children’, woman says
- How Aden Duale forced 8 per cent VAT pill down MPs’ throats
By Nzau Musau
- Road that has been an election pledge since 1979 almost complete
- Mololine matatu founder who rose from a tout to a millionaire
- ‘It’s untrue Nakuru doctor’s wife wanted to fly abroad and leave family behind’
By Brian Okoth
- Teachers to wait longer as TSC seals hopes of salary increment