×
App Icon
The Standard e-Paper
Fearless, Trusted News
★★★★ - on Play Store
Download App

Release free learning cash now, state told

Nairobi, Kenya: Secondary school heads are piling pressure on the Government to release this term's money for the subsidised secondary education. Meeting in Mombasa this week for their annual Kenya Secondary Schools Heads Association (Kessha), the principals said only 10 per cent of the expected 30 of the money has so far been remitted to schools.

Speaking to the Standard on Sunday, several school principals said they would push for a lasting solution to the delayed fees release at the conference.

Get Full Access for Ksh299/Week.
Bold Reporting Takes Time, Courage and Investment. Stand With Us.
  • Unlimited access to all premium content
  • Uninterrupted ad-free browsing experience
  • Mobile-optimized reading experience
  • Weekly Newsletters
  • MPesa, Airtel Money and Cards accepted
Already a subscriber? Log in