Man found dead shortly after kin passes on
By Irissheel Shanzu
| July 30th 2021
A family suffered double tragedy after a man was found dead under unclear circumstances shortly after his brother passed on.
West Pokot County Police Commander Jackson Tumwet said the body of David Kortini, 39, was found dangling from a tree at Maisha Kamili in Pokot Central Sub-county.
"According to neighbours, Kortini was seen the previous night in a depressed mood after his brother passed on following a short illness," he said.
He said the body was moved to Kapenguria County Referral Hospital.
In another incident, a motorbike rider died on the spot after being involved in a road accident along Kitale-Lodwar highway at Sebit yesterday morning.
Mr Tumwet said the driver of the motor vehicle was from Kapenguria heading towards Lodwar when he collided head-on with the rider.
The body was taken to Kapenguria County Referral Hospital.
List: 23 High Court judges transferredJustice Chacha Mwita of the Kajiado Law Courts moves to Milimani Law Courts, Commercial Division.
Curfew hours in 13 hotspot counties revisedThe CS warned of the unavailability of ICU beds in Nairobi as Covid-19 infections surge.
Happy ending for brave Form Two student begging for school fees on city streets
- Governor Hillary Barchok taken to task over hiring staff from the same community
- Kenya Power board kicked out of House as key meeting aborts
- Governor Chepkwony now opposes James Finlay's move to sell flower farm
By Nikko Tanui
- Woman dies while reporting ‘stubborn’ daughter to police
By Brian Okoth
- Officer arrested over link to 2,040 bullets found in Embakasi car
By Jael Mboga