Media told to monitor devolution
By By JOB WERU | July 31st 2013
By JOB WERU
Nyeri, Kenya: County governments have been urged to enhance media access to information from county assemblies and the county cabinets.
“Freedom of information is the cornerstone to good governance, meaningful participation and efficiency in enhancing transparency,” said lawyer Christopher Gitari.
Addressing journalists during a one-day workshop on ‘The role of the media in monitoring devolution: The role of access to information’, Mr Victor Odhiambo, who is a senior programme officer at the Constitution Implementation Commission, also warned journalists against being drawn to criticise devolution.
He called on the media to vigorously monitor county budgets and their implementation.
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession