Do you support extension of curfew by 60 days?
By Bonventure Ndubi | June 1st 2021
I support the extension of the curfew. In the last three weeks, we have witnessed an average of 15 deaths as a result of Covid-19-related complications. This is not a small number and it should be ignored.
The order to extend the nationwide curfew was in good faith to control the spread of the virus. In fact, Kenyans have shown some reluctance and law enforcers also seem to have been too lenient in implementing Covid-19 measures. In my view, no one is above the law.
The defaulters should be apprehended and subjected to the rule of law.
I understand the economic struggle Kenyans are going through. These are tough times. Majority of people have lost their jobs and businesses are closing down. But one would ask, between losing your job and your life, which would be a lesser evil?
So long as life is at stake, I support all government initiatives to address and control any life-threatening pandemic for the good of the people and the nation. We have also been warned that the fourth wave of the disease is 'just around the corner'.
Covid 19 Time Series
Emmanuel Korir wins Kenya's first Gold at Tokyo Olympics
- Kenya's Kiyeng bags bronze as Chemutai claims gold for Uganda in women's 3000m steeplechase
- Athing Mu: 19-year-old Sudanese prodigy shining for USA at the Tokyo Olympics
- Factbox: Coronavirus cases at the Tokyo Olympics
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession