Prison officers on high alert after power outage disrupts court proceedings
By Kelvin Karani | February 10th 2021
Services at the Mombasa Law courts were halted for some minutes on Wednesday following a power outage that lasted roughly 20 minutes.
Magistrates were forced to cut short proceedings and prison officers were on high alert to ensure inmates who had been brought to court did not escape.
They kept watch over them in the dimly-lit rooms until power was restored.
Many questioned why there was no generator to ensure smooth operations of court proceedings.
Here are some of the photos:
Mud thwarts man’s attempt to dump lover’s body
- Man arrested stark naked, appears in court in policewoman’s clothes
- The Obamas seek financial help to bring kin’s body home
- Woman: Nigerian man never conned me Sh31m, I gave him the money
- Man allegedly caught defiling daughter
- Kitui KCPE candidate ‘failed by his school’