Three men to spend 25 years in jail for sodomizing boy
By Joackim Bwana | April 25th 2018
Three men accused of sexually assaulting a nine-year-old boy were yesterday jailed for 25 years each.
Senior Resident Magistrate Edgar Kagoni convicted (pictured, from left) George Omondi Odhiambo, Kelvin Savania Musungu, and Vitalis Munani.
"The prosecution has proved beyond reasonable doubt that the three were guilty of gang rape and I hereby sentence them to 25 years in jail," said Kagoni.
The magistrate said such people should be separated from society to protect children from sex pests.
“This calls for long sentences behind bars to enable them to reflect on their lives,” said Kagoni.
The three were found guilty of sodomising the minor on April 13 and 15, 2017 at Kidogo Basi area in Kisauni.
Kagoni dismissed the claim that Odhiambo had a mental disability.
Take a quick survey and help us improve our website!Take a survey
Ruto, Raila and Matiang’i lock horns in Bonchari by-election
- Wasted in jail, confused in freedom
- 19-year-old boy charged with defiling girl three years younger
- Quick facts on the Bonchari by-election
- What you need to know about the Juja by-election
- Microsoft now says it investigated Gates' involvement with employee