Ex-Technical University of Mombasa VC charged with graft
By Joackim Bwana
| August 9th 2016
Former Deputy Vice Chancellor of Technical University of Mombasa Awadh Binhazim was yesterday charged with corruption.
Prof Awadh, who was the chairman of the procurement board was charged alongside Gaireth Kingi, Feiruz Juma Kaloo, Joseph Obwogi, Titus Tunje Kadere and Ernest Makhulo with procuring smart television sets worth Sh4,750,000 without prior planning.
They all denied the charges before Chief Magistrate Douglas Ogoti who released them on a Sh500,000 bond each.
Yesterday, Prosecutor Jami Yenina applied to have the accused persons' fingerprints taken at the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission offices.
Incumbents dropped as Mandera elders draw 2017 line-upThose dropped include Governor Ali Roba and Senator Billow Kerrow in a move likely to put the elders on a collision course with the leaders.
Restoring Nairobi’s iconic librariesBook Bunk is turning public libraries into what they call ‘Palaces for The People' while introducing technology in every aspect.
What killed 17-year-old boy in girls school
- Professionals from three counties back Raila's State House dream
- Raila delivers Sh10m gift to Kigumo hospital after student request
- Raila, BBI team oppose prayer by five professors
- Man admits killing Catholic priest who sodomised him
- Pull down video and apologise, Governor Mutua tells Boniface Mwangi
By Jael Mboga