One dead, four injured in sewer collapse
By Jane Mugambi
| August 30th 2021
One person died while four others are receiving treatment at the Kerugoya Level Four Hospital after they were buried alive when soil caved in a sewer project they were working on at Kiandieri area, Kirinyaga County.
The five were among casual labourers working on the Kerugoya-Kutus sewer system when the accident happened at 1:00 pm.
Three managed to escape the trench when they noticed the soil coming down. The trench they were working on was narrow slowing down rescue operations that took three hours.
According to Kirinyaga Central Deputy County Commissioner Daniel Ndege, the piping was being done by eight people and that is why the reports indicated eight had been buried alive.
"We have lost one person who was working on the Kerugoya-Kutus sewer system project, four have been taken to Kerugoya Level Four Hopsital where they are receiving treatment," said Ndege.
Kenya's ardent football fan Isaac Juma hacked to death
- NHIF patients won’t get services at private hospitals starting Monday
HEALTH & SCIENCE
- Bizarre tale of woman in homicide-suicide saga who lived double life
- Where is Felista Nyamathira? Mystery of millionaire student's whereabouts
By Paul Ogemba
- Isaac Juma said his life was in danger
- Mudavadi: OKA principals demanded I give them NDC guest list in advance