× Digital News Videos Opinions Cartoons Education U-Report E-Paper Lifestyle & Entertainment Nairobian Entertainment Eve Woman Travelog TV Stations KTN Home KTN News BTV KTN Farmers TV Radio Stations Radio Maisha Spice FM Vybez Radio Enterprise VAS E-Learning Digger Classified The Standard Group Corporate Contact Us Rate Card Vacancies DCX O.M Portal Corporate Email RMS

Four men were lynched after they were allegedly caught stealing goats at Mithuthi-ini village of Tebere ward in Kirinyaga County at 5am yesterday.

Suspecting that the thieves would strike following a spike in similar incidences, residents spent the whole night waiting for them.

Mwea East Deputy Police Commander Lucas Chebet (pictured) said two suspects escaped while the rest were beaten to death by angry villagers who used machetes and other weapons.

SEE ALSO: Waiguru-allied MCAs suspended from House sittings

“When we were informed about the attack, we rushed to the scene and found the four already dead. They had cuts all over,” he said.

The suspects, whose bodies were moved to the Kerugoya County Hospital mortuary, are yet to be identified.

Chebet said they are investigating the incident and would bring to book any villager who participated in the lynching.

In Nyeri, the police have arrested a 38-year-old man from Thatha village in Tetu over the death of his father.

The suspect is being held at Ihururu police station for allegedly assaulting his 80-year-old father and killing him.

SEE ALSO: Counties should build bridges on risky rivers

According to Tetu Deputy County Commissioner Oddilliah Ndeti, the old man died at Nyeri County Referral Hospital where he had been rushed to after he sustained head injuries in the attack.

The incident happened on Sunday morning.

Authorities could not immediately establish the cause of the assault. 

In Siaya, the police have arrested a man found in possession of a rifle that was stolen from Umala Police Station last year.

The weapon is said to have been used in a series of robberies in the area.

SEE ALSO: EACC grills Waiguru over graft claims in failed impeachment motion

The suspect was also found with police and military uniform. The police are however yet to confirm where he got the uniforms from.

Police also recovered 13 rounds of ammunition from the suspect  who was attempting to sell the firearm. The suspect is said to have been part of a gang masquerading as police officers and terrorising residents.

Covid 19 Time Series


Kirinyaga Mwea East Deputy Police Commander Lucas Chebet
Share this story

Read More