Governor Nderitu Gachagua's burial ceremony
By Standard Reporter
| March 6th 2017
The burial ceremony of the late Nyeri Governor Nderitu Gachagua is currently underway in his Hiriga home, Nyeri County.
The late Governor to be laid to rest at his home next to his father as he had expressed in his wish before he passed on. He died aged 64 in a London Hospital.
Thousands of mourners have gathered in Nyeri to show their last respect to the late governor.
A section of grievers earlier blocked the convoy at Karatina they wanted to be allowed to view the body of Nderitu Gachagua.
Majority of the leaders have flocked in and the President Uhuru is also expected to attend the burial ceremony.
Wycliffe Oparanya assault case to proceed in lower courtThe Supreme Court has dismissed a petition by the Kakamega governor, who wanted an assault case against him stopped.
Restoring Nairobi’s iconic librariesBook Bunk is turning public libraries into what they call ‘Palaces for The People' while introducing technology in every aspect.
Dilemma: My female supervisor is sexually harrassing me, help
- Orie Rogo Manduli's burial postponed after eldest daughter falls ill
- New Kianjokoma police officers welcomed in church service
- Outdated ‘Nyumba Mboke’ culture puts women at risk of HIV
By Anne Atieno
- Ruto out to fool you with ill-gotten wealth, Kalonzo says
- Tongue piercings can fill brain with pus, cause Herpes
HEALTH & SCIENCE
By Kagai Reuben