Woman in genitals saga out on bond
By Mary Wambui | June 27th 2015
Nyeri, Kenya: A Nyeri court has released a 19-year-old woman accused of mutilating her husband's genitals on a cash bail of Sh30,000 and a bond of Sh50,000.
Valentine Mugure was freed by Resident Magistrate John Aringo following a recommendation by the probation department.
This was despite the complainant, Paul Mwangi, objecting her release.
The assistant chief at Kamakwa village, Lilian Wanjugu, stated that the security of Ms Mugure was not guaranteed as residents were hostile towards her. She, however, did not object to the accused being released on bond.
Mwangi who is reportedly still traumatised, feels safer if the case proceeds while the accused is in custody. Mugure, allegedly committed the offence on June 9, following a domestic row.
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession