Gene Wilder, star of "Willy Wonka," "Blazing Saddles," dead at 83
Gene Wilder, whose kinky curls and startled blue eyes brought an enduring and frantic air to roles in "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" and "Blazing Saddles," died on Monday at the age of 83, his family said.
By Reuters | 4 years ago
Tom Mboya, the forgotten visionary in the Barack Obama story
In early 1960s, three students, beneficiaries of the US airlift programme, wrote a poignant thank-you letter published in the East Africa Standard.
Nzau Musau | 5 years ago
Remote village where residents risk their lives just to make a phone call
For a majority of Kenyans, making a phone call takes a simple touch of the button anywhere, any day, any time. But for locals in a village in Kajiado County, it is a matter of life and death.
Dann Okoth | 6 years ago
Businessman’s car torched after woman he was allegedly dating found dead
- Raila's change of tack that has seen Nyanza reap benefits
- Court summons Matiang’i, Kinoti and Mutyambai
By Kamore Maina
- City carjacking: DCI warn drivers over gang stealing vehicle parts
- Couple, their three children die in morning crash
By Robert Menza
- Southern Bypass crash: Ngugi, a man of the people
By Mate Tongola
- Ebola drug treating Covid-19 ‘in two days’
HEALTH & SCIENCE
- Nyeri: Four killed, two injured in head-on collision