Scangroup half-year profits up by 40 pc
Marketing firm Scangroup posted a pretax profit of Sh265.5 million on the back of a recovering global economy that boosted advertising spend and said it would expand. The marketing and communications firm, which is part-owned by London-listed WPP Group, said on Wednesday that revenue rose to Sh816.51 million in the first half from Sh713.86 million a year ago. "There was a recovery from the general slowdown of advertising expenditure experienced in 2009 as reflected in our billings which grew by 21 per cent," Scangroup said. Earnings per share for Scangroup, which operates in Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania, rose to Sh0.90 from Sh0.66 last year. —Reuters
NIC posts 54 per cent growth in half-year profitMid-tier bank NIC Bank Group has reported a 54 per cent increase in its half-year pre-tax profit.
Restoring Nairobi’s iconic librariesBook Bunk is turning public libraries into what they call ‘Palaces for The People' while introducing technology in every aspect.
Dilemma: My female supervisor is sexually harrassing me, help
- Orie Rogo Manduli's burial postponed after eldest daughter falls ill
- New Kianjokoma police officers welcomed in church service
- Outdated ‘Nyumba Mboke’ culture puts women at risk of HIV
By Anne Atieno
- Ruto out to fool you with ill-gotten wealth, Kalonzo says
- Tongue piercings can fill brain with pus, cause Herpes
HEALTH & SCIENCE
By Kagai Reuben