End of the road for notorious charcoal dealer
By Standard Reporter | October 9th 2019
Kenya Forest Service (KFS) officers on Tuesday arrested a notorious charcoal transporter with 350 bags of charcoal. This was after concerned members of the public reported of an illegal charcoal collection point in Makinnon Chini area of Kwale County.
A joint operation consisting of officers from the Head of Conservancy's office Mombasa, headed by the Regional Commandant SP Harrison Afwata, Ecosystem Conservator Kwale County and Police officers from Mackinnon Road Police has been ongoing in the last 4 days.
Two suspects namely Daniel Ngumbi (Owner of the lorry) and Justus Musyoka( the charcoal owner) have been arrested. The lorry with registration number KAZ 255L which was loaded with 350 bags of charcoal was booked with the two suspects vide OB no. 03/08/10/2019 and will be arraigned in court today.
The joint operation also discovered 486 bags awaiting collection and arrangements to retrieve them are underway.
Digital lenders cut credit to Kenyans after CBK directive
- Demand for electricity hits record high
- Why you should register your small business with government
- Fuel prices may rise as oil import bill doubles in nine months
- President Uhuru Kenyatta: How I plan to reduce fuel prices
SHIPPING & LOGISTICS
- CBK will not cap interest rates charged by digital lenders