Kenya Airways launches direct flights to Victoria Falls
By Maina Mwangi | May 3rd 2017
Kenya Airways (KQ) launched its inaugural direct flight into the resort town of Victoria Falls from Nairobi’s Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA).
Victoria Falls is now KQ’s second destination to Zimbabwe after Harare where it operates 21 flights weekly. The new route will operate three times a week, including Monday, Thursday and Saturday and will be linked to Cape Town, South Africa.
This will see the airline increase its operations to Cape Town from the current four, which are served via Livingstone, Zambia, to six.
Managing Director and Chief Executive Mbuvi Ngunze said the new route would offer increased connectivity, flexibility and convenience to guests besides boosting the tourism sector in the region.
KQ is the only carrier offering direct services between Victoria Falls and Cape Town.
Businessman’s car torched after woman he was allegedly dating found dead
- Raila's change of tack that has seen Nyanza reap benefits
- Court summons Matiang’i, Kinoti and Mutyambai
By Kamore Maina
- City carjacking: DCI warn drivers over gang stealing vehicle parts
- Couple, their three children die in morning crash
By Robert Menza
- Southern Bypass crash: Ngugi, a man of the people
By Mate Tongola