Narok dairy farmers earn Sh800 million
By Peter Theuri | April 30th 2021
Milk production in Narok County has increased significantly after farmers adopted animal feed preparation and conservation as a means of mitigating the vagaries of weather.
Last year, farmers in the county earned Sh800 million from milk sales to processor Brookside Dairy, the main buyer of milk in the area. The payout represented a six per cent growth over the previous year’s earnings.
“We are grateful for the support we receive from Brookside Dairy, who have continued to guarantee a market for our milk,” said Emarti Naboisho Dairy Farmers’ Co-operative Society Chairman Nashaiki ole Kimojino.
The co-operative received two tonnes of animal feed from Brookside this week for farmers in Narok West Sub-County.
Education Ministry must resolve chaotic Form One selection and placement
By Clay Muganda
- Woman faints after police raid church over Covid rule breaches [PHOTOS]
By Nikko Tanui
- Makueni family cries for justice after class seven pupil gang raped
- Chris Kirubi and the gospel of seek ye first wealth and all...
- Six police officers arrested drinking in bar during curfew
- Farmers in Kieni receive solar powered boreholes