Kenya airways lauds Category One clearance for by aviation agency
By James Wanzala | February 25th 2017
Kenya Airways has welcomed the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) decision to clear Kenya to operate direct flights to and from the United States of America. The airline applauds the efforts by the regulator, Kenya Civil Aviation Authority, for its intense drive to bring Category One clearance to fruition.
“Our first priority now is to pursue codeshare arrangements with our partners in the Skyteam Alliance. This will enable us to sell tickets to and from any US State and drive revenues directly to us,” said Kenya Airways Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer Mbuvi Ngunze. “This process will take time but we will start immediately,” he added.
Kenya Airways also plans to undertake a commercial evaluation and discussions with the relevant authorities to determine the viability and timing of operations. “We will update on this as and when we are ready,” Ngunze said.
Photos: Doctors remove cystic growth from 68-year-old woman
- Tom Mboya: The grand wedding of a man 'Kenyans wanted to forget'
- Marriage not passport to property rights, Koome tells panel
- The tragedy of the Sonkonisation of our politics
- Uhuru, Raila flurry of meetings on 2022 succession politics
- Hunt for CJ: Law professor Patricia Kameri grilled on academic breach