Indonesian Sriwijaya Air plane missing after taking off from Jakarta
By Reuters | January 9th 2021
A Sriwijaya Air plane with more than 59 people on board lost contact after taking off from Indonesian capital Jakarta on Saturday en route to Pontianak in West Kalimantan province, local media reported.
Reliable tracking service Flightradar24 said on its Twitter feed that Flight SJ182 “lost more than 10,000 feet of altitude in less than one minute, about 4 minutes after departure from Jakarta.”
The aircraft is a 27-year-old Boeing 737-500, according to registration details included in the tracking data.
Sriwijaya Air, an Indonesian airline, said in a statement it is still gathering more detailed information regarding the flight before it can make any statement.
Where is my kidney?
- Dreadful search and 26-hour drive with friend's burnt body
- Kenyans give new-look Standard newspaper warm reception [Photos]
- Family forced to bury son’s leg severed in strange attack
- Nancy Gitau: The iron lady behind Uhuru’s realpolitik
- Parliament set to pass BBI next week