Kenya Airways CEO Allan Kilavuka has welcomed the decision by the Employment and Labour court that directed all striking pilots to resume duty on Wednesday, November 9 at 6am.
In a press statement sent to newsrooms, Kilavuka said that the airline was thankful to the courts for the decision.
He said that the order allows the airline to resume operations adding that KQ will comply with the court directives.
He apologized to travellers who had been inconvenienced by the strike saying that the airline is doing everything possible to return to normalcy as soon as possible.
“We would also like to thank all our staff who have worked long hours and tirelessly to assist customers over the last four days. We appreciate their hard work and sacrifice,” the statement reads in part.
He said that the airline will double its efforts to restructure, lower costs and increase staff productivity calling it difficult.
He added that this move will also be aimed at recovering the time and money lost during the strike.