';
×
× Digital News Videos Opinions Cartoons Education U-Report E-Paper Lifestyle & Entertainment Nairobian SDE Eve Woman Travelog TV Stations KTN Home KTN News BTV KTN Farmers TV Radio Stations Radio Maisha Spice FM Vybez Radio Enterprise VAS E-Learning Digger Classified The Standard Group Corporate Contact Us Rate Card Vacancies DCX O.M Portal Corporate Email RMS
×

Prince William, Duke of Cambridge and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex (Image: Getty Images)

Europe
The rift is claimed to have began before Harry and Meghan's Windsor Castle wedding.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle feel as if they have been pushed away from the Royal Family because of Prince William's "bullying attitude" towards them, it has been alleged.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex announced they are to step back as senior royals after reportedly “constantly being told their place,” a source who knows the couple well told The Times.

The rift is claimed to have began before Harry and Meghan's Windsor Castle wedding.

Harry, 35, reportedly felt as if his older brother, 37, was not as welcoming as he could be towards Meghan, 38.

SEE ALSO: Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's Royal Family exit was driven by him, new book claims

Since then, it is claimed, the relationship has never healed.

Harry appeared to confirm in an ITV documentary last year that he and William had a rocky relationship.

When asked of a rift between them, the Duke of Sussex said that "inevitably, stuff happens" as a result of "this family being under the pressure that it's under".

He added: "We are brothers. We will always be brothers.

"We are certainly on different paths at the moment, but I will always be there for him as I know he will always be there for me."

SEE ALSO: Revealed: Prince Harry engineered Royal Family exit, not his wife Meghan

Harry and Meghan are said to have felt "tethered" by their responsibilities.

However, the bullying allegation has been disputed by sources close to both princes.

The Duke of Cambridge is said to be grief-stricken at the broken bond with Harry.

"I've put my arm around my brother all our lives and I can't do that anymore; we're separate entities," he told a friend according to the Sunday Times.

"I'm sad about that. All we can do, and all I can do, is try and support them and hope the time comes when we're all singing from the same page. I want everyone to play on the same team."

SEE ALSO: Meghan Markle and Harry to repay taxpayers for cottage but it will take 11 years

Mirror Online has contacted Kensington Palace for a comment.

It comes as Harry will come face to face with the Queen today as senior royals race to thrash out plans for his and Meghan's future.

The historic meeting at the Queen's private Sandringham estate will be the first time Harry has met with his grandmother, the Prince of Wales and Duke of Cambridge since the issue engulfed the royal family this week, making headlines around the world.

Meghan is with their baby son Archie in Canada, but a royal source said it is likely she will join the crisis talks by phone.

The duchess flew to Canada a few days ago where the family spent an extended festive break in the province of British Columbia.

SEE ALSO: Meghan Markle's wedding dress featured one detail that the Queen found 'questionable'

It is thought William will be traveling to the estate in Norfolk from his Kensington Palace apartment and Harry from Frogmore Cottage near Windsor Castle.

Charles was in Oman to attend a condolence ceremony following the death of Sultan Qaboos bin Said al Said, and was due to travel back to the UK on Sunday evening.

The Queen attended church at Sandringham on Sunday where wellwishers expressed sympathy for her, and clapped as she left, with some members of the public saying that Harry and Meghan should not receive any more taxpayers' money.

The 93-year-old monarch was pictured arriving for the service wearing a hearing aid for what is believed to be the first time in public.

Harry and Meghan are said to have left the Queen feeling "hurt" by their bombshell announcement that they plan to step back as senior royals, become financially independent and split their time between the UK and North America.

SEE ALSO: Strict rules Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's wedding guests had to follow

There are a range of issues to be discussed today, and it is likely the royals will try to come to some agreement before the meeting ends to stop the immediate crisis causing lasting damage to the monarchy.

Harry and Meghan's statement - and a new official Sussexroyal.com website - have thrown up important questions about funding for the couple's round-the-clock security, media access to their royal events and how they will pay for their future lifestyles.

Other important issues to resolve include who will pay for the substantial security cost of protecting the couple and their baby son if they spend large portions of the year in Canada and possibly America.

It is not known what time the family plan to meet, how long the summit is expected to last or whether the entire day has been set aside to find a solution.

Before the meeting, the royals will be given written proposals produced by their offices and others, including relevant government departments from the UK and Canada, where it is thought Harry and Meghan will establish a second home.

It is not known who else, if anyone, will be at the meeting - but it is likely the private secretaries of the four royals may join part of the talks to assist with any questions.

On Thursday, the Queen, Charles, and William gave orders for their households to work with the Sussexes' team to quickly find a "workable solution" to their desire to change the direction of their royal lives, but still support the Queen.


Prince Harry Meghan Markle Royal Family Prince William

Read More