Mother of two who went missing found killed dumped in forest

The body of a 25-year-old woman who went missing a week ago was found dumped at Menengai forest, Nakuru. 

Faith Wangui, a mother of two went missing from their home in Kiamaina, Bahati Sub-County on Sunday last week.

Bahati police commander Jacinta Wangechi said the mutilated body was discovered by herders who were grazing their livestock at the crater on Saturday evening.

According to the officer, the woman might have been raped, killed and later dumped in the thicket at the crater.

“Preliminary investigations reveal the deceased might have been burnt with acid, as her body was totally mutilated,” Ms Wangechi said.

She said investigations have been intensified to bring the criminals to book.

Wangui’s family attribute the murder to a love triangle between her and her estranged lover with whom they separated ten months ago.

Her brother Joseph Mwangi said Wangui informed her siblings that she was meeting a friend in Nakuru town on Sunday evening, but she did not reveal who the friend was.

At around 8 pm, she called one of her sisters and told her to prepare dinner as she was to join them later.

However, her mobile phone was switched off, making it hard to be traced by members of her family.

“We got worried after my sisters' phone was switched off and did not return home,” he said.

On Tuesday, they visited her lover after receiving information that they had been spotted together in a food joint within Nakuru town, on Sunday before she went missing.

Mwangi alleged that the lover admitted having spent time together with her but maintained he took her back to her home at around 9pm.

“We are suspecting that my sister’s ex-lover knows who killed her because he was with her. It is worrying that instead of sharing more information, he has gone into hiding,” Mwangi said.

On Wednesday, the family reported Wangui’s missing at Bahati Police Station Occurrence Book number 08/13/11/2019.

According to Mwangi, the two lovers have had an on and off relationship for the past seven years.

“My sister left her marriage after they failed to agree on various family issues, and to cool the temper, she traveled to Murang’a while her lover remained in Nakuru. It is so shocking and sad to receive news of her death,” said the brother.

Mwangi asked the police to intensify investigations and take action against those involved in the murder.

The body was taken to Nakuru County morgue for postmortem.

The Standard
Get unlimited access to The Standard website!