Government distributes relief food to Marsabit
No hunger-related deaths have been reported in the county, according to a senior administrator.
Eastern Regional Commissioner Isaiah Nakoru said the Government had put in place mitigation measures.
Briefing the press at his office in Embu town yesterday, Mr Nakoru said they had already received 1,200 bags of rice and 300 bags of beans for distribution to affected families.
On Wednesday, Devolution Cabinet Secretary Eugene Wamalwa was expected to launch the distribution of more relief food in the county.
SEE ALSO :Wetang'ula wants Raila to back a Luhya to succeed Uhuru
“All regions in Marsabit affected by the prevailing drought will be catered for,” said Nakoru.
We are undertaking a survey to help us improve our content for you. This will only take 1 minute of your time, please give us your feedback by clicking HERE. All responses will be confidential.
Devolution CS Eugene Wamalwahunger and drought