Police on the spot for failing to arrest man who sodomised 3 boys
Families of two boys sodomised on Sunday night are accusing the police of doing little to arrest the suspect.
The boys, aged 13, went missing on Sunday evening after taking a walk to Kabazi Trading Centre only for their parents to find them on Monday afternoon at Bahati Sub-County Hospital.
According to one of the boys, the suspect, who is known to them persuaded them to board a matatu bound for Nakuru town.
“We thought he would stop the vehicle near our home but instead proceeded to town,” said one of the minors.
SEE ALSO :Safaricom sponsors projects for street families
On reaching Nakuru, the suspect is said to have convinced another unidentified boy to join them for meals at a hotel after which they all boarded another matatu heading back to Bahati at around 10pm.
Along the way, the suspect allegedly told the boys that it was too late for them to go home and booked them in at a lodging at Maili Sita along the Nakuru-Nyahururu Highway.
Minutes later, the suspect is said to have knocked on their door and took them, one after the other, to his room where he sodomised them. He promised them money and toys if they gave in to his sexual demands.
The minors escaped from the lodging the next day and recorded statements at Maili Sita Police Station before police called their parents.
SEE ALSO :Swazuri steps in to end land dispute
Both families reunited with their sons at Bahati Sub County Hospital where a medical report confirmed that they had been sodomised.
Subukia OCPD Jacinta Mwarania said the matter was being handled by the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI).
The third boy is yet to be found.
FamiliesBahati Sub-County HospitalKabazi Trading CentrePoliceBoysSodomised