Come pick your cars from dusitD2, police say
Motorists whose vehicles were trapped at the 14 Riverside Drive complex, which was hit by a terror attack last week, have been allowed to pick them from Tuesday morning.
It will be a week since the incident happened and the dusitD2 was closed to the tenants. Most food that was at the hotel has gone bad after power supply was switched off to allow operations that followed the attack.
Police Spokesman Charles Owino said the complex will be open to tenants and guests who were at the premises on the fateful January 15, 2019, when five gunmen blasted their way in, killing 21 people. More than 700 people were rescued from the complex that has office blocks and hotel.
The tenants can access their premises at the complex from Tuesday, officials said. It will be an emotional event as those who escaped from the complex will get memories of the incident that unfolded from 3pm.
One of the militants blew himself up while his four accomplices were shot dead in a siege that ended the following morning in a combined effort by local foreign forces.
Ten suspects have since been arraigned over the attack so far, with police now allowed to detain them for a month to complete investigations. Police had been going through the structure to establish if there were any explosives left there. A number of abandoned explosives were recovered and safely detonated.
SEE ALSO :The unseen war - Part 2
Register to advertise your products & services on our classifieds website Digger.co.ke and enjoy one month subscription free of charge and 3 free ads on the Standard newspaper.
14 Riverside Drive complexdusitD2Charles OwinoTerror Attack