×
App Icon
The Standard e-Paper
Stay Informed, Even Offline
★★★★ - on Play Store
Download App

I did not file petition personally due to shock, says former Funyula MP Paul Otuoma

Deputy President William Ruto when he received former Funyula MP Paul Otuoma (left) in a function organized at his Funyula home in Busia County on Sept 18th, 2017. [By Chrispen Sechere].

Former Funyula MP Paul Otuoma on Monday told the court that he did not file a petition against Governor Sospeter Ojaamong's victory since he was still in shock.

Appearing before Justice Kiare Waweru in a case where his (Otuoma's) chief agent, Peter Odima, is challenging Ojaamong's victory in August 8 elections, the former lawmaker told the court that he felt that injustices that had been committed against him, which cost him the governor's seat.

Get Full Access for Ksh299/Week.
Uncover the stories others won’t tell. Subscribe now for exclusive access
  • Unlimited access to all premium content
  • Uninterrupted ad-free browsing experience
  • Mobile-optimized reading experience
  • Weekly Newsletters
  • MPesa, Airtel Money and Cards accepted
Already a subscriber? Log in