×
App Icon
The Standard e-Paper
Kenya’s Boldest Voice
★★★★ - on Play Store
Download App

Sugar millers' sale slated for August 2018

Henry Obwacha - Chairman of the Privatisation commission

The Government is confident the planned sale of five State-owned sugar millers will be concluded by August next year.

The Privatisation Commission Tuesday said the High Court’s decision last week dismissing several cases seeking to stop the process had set the stage for the conclusion of the protracted process. “We had started the expressions of interest in 2015, but the now-defunct Transition Authority obtained a stay order on the process and we had to stop until the matter was determined by the court,” said the commission's chief executive, Jacqueline Muindi, at a press briefing in Nairobi.

Get Full Access for Ksh299/Week.
Uncover the stories others won’t tell. Subscribe now for exclusive access
  • Unlimited access to all premium content
  • Uninterrupted ad-free browsing experience
  • Mobile-optimized reading experience
  • Weekly Newsletters
  • MPesa, Airtel Money and Cards accepted
Already a subscriber? Log in