×
App Icon
The Standard e-Paper
Smart Minds Choose Us
★★★★ - on Play Store
Download App

Court orders prosecution of CS Joseph Nkaissery and CDF Mwathethe over destruction of Sh22m drug ship

A cloud of smoke and flame emanate from the luxurious yatch "baby Iris" in the high seas of the Indian Ocean waters in Mombasa County on Friday, 14 August, 2015 after it was destroyed with heavy explosives by the Kenya Navy. PHOTO: MAARUFU MOHAMED/STANDARD

A court in Mombasa has ordered the arrest and prosecution of Government officials who oversaw destruction of a yacht it says was a crucial exhibit in a Sh22 million narcotics case.

Yesterday, Chief Magistrate Julius Nange’a said the vessel had been earmarked as an important exhibit and was under the court’s custody. 

Get Full Access for Ksh299/Week.
Bold Reporting Takes Time, Courage and Investment. Stand With Us.
  • Unlimited access to all premium content
  • Uninterrupted ad-free browsing experience
  • Mobile-optimized reading experience
  • Weekly Newsletters
  • MPesa, Airtel Money and Cards accepted
Already a subscriber? Log in