Ruto: Mandera attackers killed by Kenya defence forces

Kenya: The Government has announced the killing of those people behind the Mandera massacre that left 28 people dead on Saturday.

Deputy President William Ruto said that all those who participated in the killings were killed by Kenya Defence Forces officers on their trail.

Without giving details, Ruto said that they were all killed after they were trailed from their hideouts on Saturday evening.

Speaking in Nyahururu town on Sunday after attending a mass at the ACK church, Ruto said that the Government was investigating more suspects believed to be involved in the attack.

SEE ALSO :State and NGO in deal to boost food production

"I can assure you that those behind the attack did not even take their supper. They were killed by our officers who we sent out immediately after the attack. They did not find time to celebrate their heinous crime," he said.

He assured the Kenya people that the Government was in total control of security issues of the country and there is nothing to worry about.

He said that the Government was fully committed in security issues and the officers had been kept on full alert to avoid a security lapse.

"Our officers are in full control and Kenyans should not be terrified by anyone. The attackers are people who are opposed to our development agenda. We will go further and arrest all those who are involved in these issues," he said.

The Deputy President also warned of politicizing the security operations that are happening in the country.

SEE ALSO :ODM loss a win for DP Ruto, Kisii leaders say

He said that leaders should cooperate with the Government instead of condemning it.

"I want to urge all leaders to work with us and not condemn every step that the Government is taking to provide security to our Kenyans. This is a matter that needs total cooperation and leaders must support us," he noted.

Ruto said that the Government would continue raiding religious premises said to be radicalising Kenyan youths.

He noted that the Government would not tolerate the ongoing radicalization of youths especially in Coast region.

"We will not allow our praying places to be used as armoury. This operation is going to happen no matter what .We are committed to making sure that our people are safe and not taken advantage of by our enemies," he said.  

SEE ALSO :Ruto fights back 'Kitaeleweka' team

During the occasion, Ruto was accompanied by among other leader Laikipia Governor Joshua Irungu, Nyandarua Governor Daniel Waithaka, Senators GG Kariuki (Laikipia), Muriuki Karue (Nyandarua), MPs Sarah Lekorere, Anthony Mutahi, Jane Apollos, David Were and Wachira Karani.

They all supported the Governments efforts in tackling the issues of insecurity.

Register to advertise your products & services on our classifieds website Digger.co.ke and enjoy one month subscription free of charge and 3 free ads on the Standard newspaper.

Deputy President William Ruto Mandera bus attack