Uganda’s Bobi Wine arrested, again
By Mwangi Maina | November 18th 2020
A scuffle ensued between Wine’s supporters and the police who accused him of having more than 200 supporters recommended by the Electoral Commission as per the order to mitigate the spread of the coronavirus pandemic.
"Police under the command of Mwesigwa Frank of counter-terrorism police has violently broken into Hon Kyagulanyi’s car and arrested him at Luuka District headquarter grounds," read a statement on Bobi Wine's Twitter handle.
The youthful politician is challenging the incumbent, Yoweri Kaguta Museveni of National Resistance Movement in the upcoming Presidential election slated for January 14, 2021.
Lionesses happy to have finally played despite two losses
- Kenya 7s captain Amonde set to hang up his boots after early exit at Tokyo 2020
- Olympics: New Zealand beat Kenya in women’s rugby sevens
- Olympics: Kenyans can relax as there was no typhoon
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession