U.S. military says strikes killed six militants in Somalia
| November 22nd 2018
The U.S. military killed six al Shabaab militants in Somalia when it launched two airstrikes against targets near Haradere town in Galmudug state to the northeast of the capital, it said on Thursday.
A weapons cache was destroyed in a second airstrike on Wednesday, the U.S. military said. Another 37 militants had been killed in two other airstrikes this week.
The United States has ramped up operations in Somalia since last year after President Donald Trump loosened the rules of engagement. It has conducted more than two dozen such airstrikes in 2018.
Ethiopia chooses dissident to head vote boardEthiopia chose a former exiled dissident to head its election board on Thursday - part of a dizzying shake-up by the new prime minister.
Opening Ceremony: Kenya takes her pride of place as 2020 Tokyo Paralympic Games beginTeam Kenya Paralympics strolled majestically into the Tokyo Olympic Stadium led by captain Rodgers Kiprop and Powerlifter Hellen Wawira for the Openin
Kipsigis Girls closed after students storm out of school
By Nikko Tanui
- Former minister’s cows attached over Sh888,000 debt
- Guards detained for seven days over death of teenage boy at Komothai Girls
- Chakwera: The Buruburu lecturer who became Malawi president
- MP, Khalwale differ over calls to support Mudavadi
- Matiang’i condemns Ruto rally disruption