President Uhuru will be one of the speakers and is expected to reflect on Kenya’s achievements and national programmes in his inaugural speech.
On his way to Addis Ababa, the Head of State will have a brief stop-over in Juba for a meeting with the Southern Sudan counterpart President Salva Kiir.
The AU summit coincides with the Golden Jubilee celebrations of the OAU-AU.
During the AU Jubilee celebrations, member states will take stock of the past fifty years, acknowledge the contribution of the founding fathers of OAU towards pan- Africanism and reflect on the Africa of today and the future.
The President is accompanied by Foreign Affairs Cabinet Secretary Amina Mohamed and other senior government officials in the five day visit.
Next Story »
- Meet convicted criminal authorities forgot to send to prison for 13 years
- British Army offer free medical camp to Samburu residents
- CORD says state has failed on security
- Teacher drugged more than 90 boys with sleeping pills before molesting them
- Police block sections of road in Pangani over claims of bomb in car
- IGAD strongly condemns killing of civilians in South Sudan