|Dove released by Pope Benedict XVI attacked by seagull [Photo:Courtesy]|
Displaying the brutal truths of Darwinism for thousands to see, a seagull attacked a dove of peace released by Pope Benedict XVI from his window over St. Peter's Square in the Vatican.
According to the Associated Press, the pontiff was speaking to the crowd of about 3,000 Catholic youths on Sunday as part of Holocaust Remembrance Day, an internationally-observed day of memorial for the millions who perished during the Holocaust.
He had just finished saying the Angelus prayer when he released two doves out the window, the New York Daily News notes. However, it wasn't long before one of the doves was pinned against a window by a seagull.
The dove was eventually able to escape from the seagull.
Apparently, the pope has had difficulties with the birds throughout the past few years.
In 2012, one of the doves flew back through the window of the papal apartment after being released, causing the Pope to exclaim, "Mamma mia!" the Catholic News Service reported at the time.
The same thing happened the year before and the year before that.
But seeing one of the symbolic birds attacked by a seagull appears to be a new type of complication.
-Adapted from the Huffington Post
- AAR and hospital ‘treated me harshly’ in my hour of need
- New technology could end Kenya’s historic land woes
- Which way for the civil society in today’s Kenya?
- Achebe does not need any foreign decorations, more so in his death
- Africa supports President Uhuru on Hague
- Why women, youths and Church should drive truth team’s agenda