Holmes, who earlier this month reached a high profile divorce settlement with actor Tom Cruise, will star in Theresa Rebeck's new comedy, representatives for the show said in a statement.
Holmes, 33, will portray the role of Lorna in the five-character play that tackles "issues of corporate greed, small town values and whether or not your family will always welcome you back ... with no questions asked," the statement said.
The play will be directed by Tony Award winner Jack O'Brien.
Holmes made her Broadway debut in the 2008 production of Arthur Miller's "All My Sons."
- Salva Kiir sacks top South Sudan officials
- Lawyer wants Chinedu to appear in court
- Maji marefu’s futile effort to find stolen property
- Can chickens really be cleverer than a toddler? Studies suggest animals can master numeracy and basic engineering
- Freedom of media under threat in Eastern Africa
- Rapid desertification in Kenya threatening livelihood