South African police probing allegation of rhino poaching against minister
By Reuters | November 17th 2016
CAPE TOWN: South Africa's cabinet said on Thursday the police were investigating allegations that State Security Minister David Mahlobo was involved in a rhino-poaching syndicate.
Mahlobo has denied any wrongdoing. The allegations against the minister emerged in an Al Jazeera documentary this week.
"Cabinet noted the allegations in an Al Jazeera documentary against the Minister of State Security, David Mahlobo, and noted that the South African police services are investigating these allegations," the cabinet said in a statement.
Trouble in Uhuru's 'bedroom' as allies switch camps
- The 5 things Kirubi said I must enjoy in life: Igathe
By Brian Okoth
- Military chopper crashes in Kajiado, goes up in flames
- County finally gets access to DP's property to desilt Grogan canal
- Thika Road horror: Wife recounts last moments with motorist killed in bullet spray
- Court of Appeal constitutes seven-judge bench for BBI appeal cases