Kakamega police chase: Five suspected robbers shot dead
By Willy Lusighe and Betty Njeru | May 18th 2021
Police have gunned down five suspected robbers at Makhokho area in Ikolomani on the Kakamega-Kisumu road.
The five were on Tuesday afternoon aboard a Toyota Belta while en route to an unclear destination, when they were cornered and fatally shot.
Kakamega South Sub-County Police Commander Joseph Chesire said the suspects were preparing to launch a series of robberies within Western Region.
“The police challenged them to surrender but instead the(robbers) fired at them. All robbers were armed,” Chesire said.
The law enforcement officers recovered two pistols, police uniform, several rounds of ammunition, a radio device, a bank cheque and the vehicle they were travelling in.
As of the time of publishing, the bodies of the suspected robbers were still at the scene.
Three meetings held in Mount Kenya to lay strategy for the presidency
- Share dossier on six judges with the public, Raila tells Uhuru
- Pain as families seek help to trace kin's bodies in the Gulf
- Form 2 student among suspects arrested over Southern Bypass robberies
- Bring it on, Ruto challenges Raila and Kalonzo
By Allan Mungai
- Sauti Sol’s Bien and wife deny open relationship talk